Friday, September 19, 2008

School Days

Ethan started school in the middle of August and the first week went great! But that took a 180 degree turn around on day 8! Our normally happy and very independent child turned into a hysterical crying and clinging child. Plus his constant comments like that he wished his school was in China or begging me to just give the teacher a walkie talkie that he could listen to from home were about to tear my heart out!!! But, I think we are finally making some progress thanks to a couple of different things and the first field trip!

Today Ethan's class went to an apple orchard. Even though he would cry when I took him to school he wanted to ride the school bus and today he got to do just that! I can't tell yet if the bus lived up to his expectations, but I do know he enjoyed the day.



He left the rest of the class and walked all around looking very carefully for the perfect apple to pick! I think he made a choice he could live with.


And he seemed to be having a great time with his classmates! So...I think we're going to make it through this year after all!