They did a great job serving the customers, promoting the product (I think the neighbors several blocks away could hear them calling out, "Lemonade for Sale!"), and collecting the money. They did quite a bit of business and got some excellent tips, in fact they made $22!!! So...I guess we'll be heading to the toy store in the next few days since that money is already burning a hole in their pocket and I have a feeling they'll be asking to do more lemonade stands in the future!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Lemonade for Sale!!
Back in January the kids decided one day that they wanted to have a lemonade stand - that day. They were sorely disappointed when I informed them that we would not be holding a lemonade stand in the dead of winter. I explained to them that lemonade stands were best to do on hot days in the summer and that maybe we could do one when summer came. Well....my kids don't forget a thing so after seeing the weather report for today (a hot 95 degrees) they reminded me of what I had said and so they finally got to do their lemonade stand.
They did a great job serving the customers, promoting the product (I think the neighbors several blocks away could hear them calling out, "Lemonade for Sale!"), and collecting the money. They did quite a bit of business and got some excellent tips, in fact they made $22!!! So...I guess we'll be heading to the toy store in the next few days since that money is already burning a hole in their pocket and I have a feeling they'll be asking to do more lemonade stands in the future!

They did a great job serving the customers, promoting the product (I think the neighbors several blocks away could hear them calling out, "Lemonade for Sale!"), and collecting the money. They did quite a bit of business and got some excellent tips, in fact they made $22!!! So...I guess we'll be heading to the toy store in the next few days since that money is already burning a hole in their pocket and I have a feeling they'll be asking to do more lemonade stands in the future!