Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fun with Cousins

It has been very, very noisy at our house the past few days! And I won't even begin to tell you how many toys are spread out all over the house!! But...it's been great!! H.G.'s sister, Leighanne, and her 2 kids have been here visiting from Delaware. So there have been two 6-year old boys and two 4-year old girls running through the house playing, screaming, singing, and laughing. And...I am happy to say there has only been a minimal amount of crying! Every year the kids seem to get along better and better! I am thankful that Leighanne takes this time out of her summer each year to spend with us and I am so thankful that these children are so close in age to have fun together! I pray that they will be close cousins that sharpen each other (Psalm 27:17) for God! Here's a few snapshots we captured of our time together.

Fun at the zoo...




















































Patiently waiting to go swimming...that is as patiently as this many young children can.














We tie-dyed 4th of July T-shirts together. This was my first time to tie-dye and I was impressed with how well they turned out!




You can't tell very well, but in this next picture the kids are ABSOLUTELY covered from head to toe in dirt. They had been playing hard on the playground and digging up lots of treasure in the backyard.



We also did a bit of bike riding and even got to teach Kavi how to ride a bike without training wheels! He was very proud of himself!