and then we found out you could rent a paddle boat for $3.50!! Ethan was very eager to do it, HG was excited as he has fond memories of doing this with his family as a kid, and I was up for it, BUT as as you can tell from this picture Naomi was not!
In fact, she refused to get in it unless I promised to sit with her in the back and hold her hand. So...the entire trip I leisurely sat in the back holding Naomi's hand while my dear husband paddled the whole family all over the lake! HG loved every moment of it until that night when his legs were killing him! Ethan loved steering the boat around the lake...
... and Naomi started to relax and enjoy it after a while, but she never let go of my hand.
Here's a picture of the gang on the paddle boat when we docked. Naomi was all smiles for this picture!
Later that night I discovered why Naomi was so hesitant about our little adventure on the paddle boat. In her prayers that night she told God, "thank you for not letting us sink in that boat today - even though Daddy is soo big!" One of the books in their collection is a book called, "Who Sank the Boat?" and it talks about several animals that get in a boat until it finally sinks. I guess the entire time she must have been thinking about that book and thinking about how big her Daddy looks in her eyes and afraid that any minute our boat was going to sink. All I can say is, I am very thankful she didn't say anything about her Mama!