Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Another milestone for Naomi




















This is the face of a sweet little girl that is growing up fast and who is sooo proud of herself!! You see... I noticed a few weeks ago that Naomi had gotten REALLY good on her scooter! She was balancing on one leg for a really long time and turning without any trouble while on one leg. So...I figured with balance like that she was probably ready to ride a bike without training wheels. So...we went to a parking lot nearby tonight to give it a shot. She started out telling us NOT to let go "no matter what"! But minutes later... she was telling us "don't hold on, I can do it!" Honestly, after only a few tries the child had it! She was even turning, stopping on her own, trying to start on her own, and talking trash with her brother about future bike races! It was awesome!














Double-click on the photo to see the grin on her face!















You might wonder why she is riding a Diego boy bike with pink bows. Well...we decided to get Ethan's old bike out for her since it is a bit smaller than her princess bike and would make it easier for her to catch herself. She was ok with that, but wanted to know if we could first paint it pink. Luckily, I had some pink ribbon on hand that sufficed. She might be growing up, but she hasn't outgrown her girly ways!