That doesn't sound too hard, does it? Well...it was!
First of all, very few people are willing to rent for 6 months. Second, H.G. works from home when he isn't traveling and with all the new requirements of the new company - a secluded and quiet office area was more important than ever. Third, H.G. often travels and many of the rental houses in our price range are not in an area of town I would feel safe to be in when he is gone.
I called 100's and 100's of places trying to find something that we could make work. Finally after driving all over the city, calling and emailing countless people, and spending hours in front of the computer I had found a small house where it would be a challenge to keep the kids quiet while Daddy was on the phone, but that we felt could work.
Then....the Nashville flood happened.
Many homes in the city were completely flooded and we lost the rental on the house we had finally found. So...with just a little over 2 weeks from moving day we found ourselves with no where to go just like so many others in the city.
I reminded myself many times during those weeks of what we had seen God do and the incredible timing of the sale of our house. I reminded myself of God's promises. But this time in our lives was definitely challenging and I struggled. I reminded myself again and again that the Bible says that we have a loving father who is compassionate toward us and knows us so intimately he knows how many hairs are on our head. The Bible also tells us not to worry about anything because our Father who knows the hairs on our heads also knows what we need.
As I struggled to overcome my anxiousness and fear, a cardinal built a nest right outside of our breakfast nook window.
It's in the top left corner - you can double-click on the picture to really see it or check out the picture we took zoomed in.
For 11 years we lived in that house and NEVER had a bird made a nest there. I believe that God was gently reminding me of His word in Luke Chapter 12
24Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
And just like the word says I had nothing to worry about. God's timing is always perfect - He is never late and He is always amazing!! The Sunday before moving day on Friday we signed a lease on a very nice home in a nice neighborhood with a secluded office off the garage for 6 months. Of all the houses I had looked at this really was the nicest house and best fit for what we need at this time. It came about under some incredible circumstances that only God could have orchestrated. We are so thankful that God has once again blessed us and provided for us even though we are so unworthy.