This year Ethan is in 2nd grade and Naomi is in 1st grade.
She was really excited about her new lunch box and wanted to make sure Daddy had a good picture of it. Can you tell?
I think these are the kind of poses you tend to do when your Dad has taken 100 pictures of you before 8:00 am and you are so excited you can hardly stand it.
These years just seem to be flying past. The beginning of school always makes me a little sad. A part of me wants to just keep my children young forever and I have heard many other mothers voice the same wish. But...I know that it is a privilege and a blessing to see them grow and mature. A sweet lady in her 70's from our church who still cares for her grown son because his mental age will be young forever set me straight on that several years ago and I have been reminded of that fact again recently by a friend whose young daughter died. Each year that passes and each step to maturity is really a blessing.
So...I will just try to cherish and thank God for each and every moment that I have with my young children while praying that as they grow my Lord will bind our family together with love, cover our mistakes with His grace, and bless us with wisdom to teach them in the way that they should go. With this as my request now I think that in our future we will be able to thank Him for answered prayers and the blessing of precious relationships with our adult children.