We were shocked when Ethan announced that he wanted to be Darth Vader. Yes...he LOVES Star Wars, but he has always refused to pretend to be a "bad" guy. In fact, there have been times when he would get very upset if anyone wanted him to be a "bad" guy. We even talked with him many times about how pretending to be a "bad" guy did not mean he was really bad, but he was adamant that he would NEVER be a bad guy. I guess he finally realized it was OK or maybe he just finally saw the Star Wars episode where Darth Vader turns out to have some good in him after all.
Naomi was very confident about being Wonder Woman. She told us how that way she got to be a super hero and a princess at the same time. I never knew why Wonder Woman wore that crown, but I guess I do now.
We had lots of Halloween fun! We went back to the zoo again this year. The kids enjoyed all the fun and even got on a karaoke stage...
I think the kids really liked having a real microphone and a large audience. Naomi acts all bashful when she meets someone new, but when she can perform before an audience she doesn't have a bashful bone in her body!!!
We also went back to the dance floor we visited last year and once again Ethan did his "crazy" dancing!
Our landlord is in the Nashville Symphony and he gave us tickets to the kids Halloween symphony performance. The members of the symphony were all dressed up in some very elaborate and impressive Halloween space themed costumes - unfortunately we couldn't get any pictures of these. They told a story of a space search for Halloween candy with music that accompanied the story. I think it was a great experience for the kids and HG and I enjoyed it too!
We also enjoyed a Halloween party at a friends house and of course, trick-or-treating. Ethan learned a very important lesson this year as we went trick-or-treating - cute little girls sometimes get more candy. Twice we went to homes where the homeowners said that Naomi was just so cute that they were going to give her extra candy! After the second time it happened Ethan announced to the following homeowners, "Don't give her any extra candy just because she's cute!" We died laughing and so did the homeowners!!