Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gymnastics

This winter we decided to sign Naomi up for gymnastics. She has always had amazing fine-motor, but her gross-motor skills (and confidence in them) needed to be developed more. She has absolutely LOVED the gymnastics program and has learned a lot. Now...I just have to hold my breath and pray even more when we're out on playgrounds because gymnastics has given her a new self-assurance to flip and hang from poles!!

Today was the last day for gymnastics until the fall, so the parents got to come in and have some fun with the kids. We played with a big parachute that had every child giggling!

I wish I could have gotten a picture of what they call "superman". The coach stands on a trampoline while the children lie down in front of him, then he jumps and bounces the children high up into the air and catches them. I'm amazed that Naomi does it! Gymnastics has definitely built her confidence and sense of adventure!

Today the coach also gave medals out as he played the Olympic Fanfare music. Each child received their medal as they stood up on the platform just like the Olympics. It was very cute!!

And finally, here's a picture of all the kids and Coach Scott.