Ethan has been thrilled that Naomi is at his school this year and she is almost as excited to be with him. Everyday they have told me with great joy about seeing each other in the hallways. Then one day last week they announced that for a small amount of time both of their classes had been on the playground together for recess. Jokingly I said, " That's great! So...did you hug and kiss on each other?" To my surprise, they both said - Yes! Naomi added, "Ethan let me kiss him - he doesn't usually do that!"
Then today I asked Naomi if she wanted me to keep walking her in or if she thought she was ready for me to drop them off in the car rider lane. I added that Ethan could walk her to her class this week and then the next week if she was ready she could walk by herself. She was eager to do this and Ethan was too! When we got out of the car Ethan (completely by his own initiative) took Naomi's school bag for her until they got on the sidewalk. I was very impressed! So, at the end of the day I asked Naomi how it went walking to her room with Ethan. She said, "Great! When we got to my class Ethan kissed me on the forehead and told me he would see me at dismissal and to have a good day!" Oh my goodness.....I love it!!! If only they were like that with each other all the time!