Tuesday, February 2, 2010

SNOW!!!

I don't mind a cold winter if there is some snow to go with it! Maybe it's the teacher in me, but I get just as excited as the kids when they say it is going to snow. Although, this year I think the kids ALMOST out did me in the excitement area. The first week of January the weathermen were predicting up to 4" of snow. The kids were SUPER excited! They wore their pajamas inside-out...



















....and did several snow dances in hopes that they would wake up to a blanket of the white stuff. By the way this is also a great way to get that extra energy from the excitement out, so they'll sleep ;)





















Unfortunately though, all we got was about 1/2"! But still... the kids and I had a great time playing in that very small snowfall!













Later in the month we FINALLY woke up to that 4"+ of beautiful snow! We started out the day with snowmen and snowball pancakes dusted with powder sugar!














And then we were off to our nearby park to find the best hill for sledding! Naomi started out only wanting to go down the hill with us, but by the end of it she was going solo!




















Ethan had no fear and was zooming down the hill before we could blink!




















If you double-click on this photo and look carefully under the hat you can see the smile of a boy in paradise!














Naomi LOVED making a snow girl! We built one where we could look out the breakfast nook window and see her - which was great until we saw a bird come along and peck out the snow girl's eyes and nose! Naomi normally adores animals, but not that bird!





















They also went down the slide over and over and over. Since the slide was icy they zoomed down the slide at super fast speeds. As if that wasn't enough they started trying to go down the slide standing up and jumping off the end like the ski jump on the Wii! I admit, I even did it a few times and it was fun!




















It wasn't easy to land on your feet, but even so, everyone was all-smiles (well, at least most of the time)!





















They had lots of snowball fights and made lots of snow angels! All this fun plus lots of hot chocolate - life is good and I have a thankful heart to the one who has washed my sins away and made me white as snow!