Ethan absolutely loved the motorcycles in the ball cage, the human tower where about 5 people are standing on top of each other, and you should have seen his reaction when the man was blasted out of the canon!! I left fearing what ideas my little daredevils might have picked up from the circus, but no trips to the emergency room yet! Naomi loved the trapeze ladies, of course, and the clowns. Ethan on the other hand found the clowns to be a little creepy and wasn't going near one especially not for a posed picture! I honestly can't blame him - some of those clowns are a little creepy.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Fun under the big top
I know that I am very far behind on posting to this blog, but lately it just seems like I am always on the go and the holidays haven't even started yet! But....I think that I have finally learned some blog tricks which will hopefully make my posts go faster. Also H.G. hooked up internet access to another part of the house besides his office, so I will be able to get to the computer anytime I want. So now I have no excuses!
Recently, we got to spend the afternoon at the circus. Everyone was very excited, although you can't tell it from this picture. For some reason asking Ethan to pose for a picture is like asking him to cut off his right hand. I did convince him to stand beside his sister in front of the sign, but there was no way I was going to be able to make him smile!
Ethan absolutely loved the motorcycles in the ball cage, the human tower where about 5 people are standing on top of each other, and you should have seen his reaction when the man was blasted out of the canon!! I left fearing what ideas my little daredevils might have picked up from the circus, but no trips to the emergency room yet! Naomi loved the trapeze ladies, of course, and the clowns. Ethan on the other hand found the clowns to be a little creepy and wasn't going near one especially not for a posed picture! I honestly can't blame him - some of those clowns are a little creepy.
The kids had a great time even though their mean Mama didn't shell out hundreds of dollars like the grandfather did that was sitting in front of us to the guys selling snacks and every kind of lighted toy you can imagine - honestly the man bought one or more of everything they came by with and those things aren't cheap. My kids were green with envy, but considering the circumstances they actually handled it quite well. I was actually so proud of how they handled it that mean Mama did get them each one thing at the end of the circus. Naomi chose her own clown nose, which she wore with great pride!
Ethan absolutely loved the motorcycles in the ball cage, the human tower where about 5 people are standing on top of each other, and you should have seen his reaction when the man was blasted out of the canon!! I left fearing what ideas my little daredevils might have picked up from the circus, but no trips to the emergency room yet! Naomi loved the trapeze ladies, of course, and the clowns. Ethan on the other hand found the clowns to be a little creepy and wasn't going near one especially not for a posed picture! I honestly can't blame him - some of those clowns are a little creepy.