Naomi and Ethan seemed to really enjoy Halloween and anticipate all the activities far more this year than in the past. Naomi is our crafty, creative, and artistic child so she loved carving her pumpkin. She carefully sketched out exactly how she wanted it to look and then helped with every detail to make sure it was done just as she wanted. Ethan on the other hand drew the face out quickly and left HG to carve his pumpkin while he went off to play.

Naomi's pumpkin turned out really good and we got this great picture of her admiring her handiwork!

For Halloween this year the kids were superheroes. I felt like it was fitting since they are constantly running through the house with supercapes on and shooting at the villains, aka Mama and Daddy. Ethan was Buzz Lightyear and I can't tell you how many times we heard him shooting his lasers.

Naomi was Supergirl and from the time I got the costume up until the night of Halloween she told us again and again about her x-ray vision! Here's a picture of her trying very hard to fly.

In the past, we have had to walk to the doors with the kids and they would act all timid. Well not this year...they were off and running. So, we made our way to two streets in our neighborhood that are amazing for Halloween and usually quite crowded. Almost all the neighbors on these two streets decorate their houses to the extreme and dress up to hand out candy. We saw Donald Duck, Belle, the teapot, and others but these are the only ones I got good pictures of. Needless to say, the kids loved it!


And to add to the fun HG and I did a little dressing up ourselves! Can you tell from the camera angle that Ethan took this picture, but he did a pretty good job!