Well since August I have started driving a lot more each day! Ethan goes to school on the west side of town, Naomi goes to Mother's-day-out on the north side of town, and we live in the east side of town. And I am convinced there are a lot more cops with radar out nowadays! So...as you can probably already guess, yes, I did get my first speeding ticket. HG laughed with joy when I told him, but it was the second ticket I got that same month that was really bad! As luck would have it I got pulled over with my kids in the car. So not only did I get to explain to my children why the policeman had to talk to Mama but on that paticular day Naomi had brought her fisher-price camera Aunt Leighanne gave her for Christmas last year. Naomi got a picture of the policeman!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
trouble
HG calls me a speed demon, in fact if we are really in a hurry I like to drive because he just drives too slow. It's not really my fault, when my father taught me how to drive he said "When you are on the highway if people are passing you then you are going to slow." The first time I drove on the highway I was forced into speeding! But, I have been driving for nearly 20 years now without a single speeding ticket. And when HG would start to preach about my lead foot I would remind him that I had never gotten a speeding ticket unlike the 3 speeding tickets he once had.
Well since August I have started driving a lot more each day! Ethan goes to school on the west side of town, Naomi goes to Mother's-day-out on the north side of town, and we live in the east side of town. And I am convinced there are a lot more cops with radar out nowadays! So...as you can probably already guess, yes, I did get my first speeding ticket. HG laughed with joy when I told him, but it was the second ticket I got that same month that was really bad! As luck would have it I got pulled over with my kids in the car. So not only did I get to explain to my children why the policeman had to talk to Mama but on that paticular day Naomi had brought her fisher-price camera Aunt Leighanne gave her for Christmas last year. Naomi got a picture of the policeman!
She was so proud of that picture. Over and over she told us how she got a picture of the policeman!! Needless to say I will be attending traffic school and I have pledged to change my speeding ways. I have to... right now HG has 3 tickets in his history, so I can still say that I have less!
Well since August I have started driving a lot more each day! Ethan goes to school on the west side of town, Naomi goes to Mother's-day-out on the north side of town, and we live in the east side of town. And I am convinced there are a lot more cops with radar out nowadays! So...as you can probably already guess, yes, I did get my first speeding ticket. HG laughed with joy when I told him, but it was the second ticket I got that same month that was really bad! As luck would have it I got pulled over with my kids in the car. So not only did I get to explain to my children why the policeman had to talk to Mama but on that paticular day Naomi had brought her fisher-price camera Aunt Leighanne gave her for Christmas last year. Naomi got a picture of the policeman!